That pretty much sums up what happened at lunch with Evan today. It started innocently enough...
Nathan and I were having sandwiches. He was having peanut butter and honey. I was having turkey. Evan was enjoying chasing one of his toys around our feet. Finally, I finished my lunch and prepared Evans - Beginning with some chicken and rice, complimented by a serving of country vegetables, and concluding with some refreshing peaches. Each of these were finely prepared (pureed and strained) and cleanly presented (in little jars). Lets just say that Mr. Particular (a.k.a. "Evan") did not appreciate the first two choices of the menu today. He grimaced horribly at the first few bites of chicken and rice, before placing his lips on "lockdown" (or, lockjaw). I came at him with the veggies. "C'mon, son!" I complained, as he gave me the "British" treatment (stiff upper lip), "these are country vegetables - they're really friendly!" He wouldn't bite (literally). So, I pulled out the secret weapon - Sweet Potatoes and Chicken! This is one of the keys to Evan's mouth gate. About a third into them, I decided to pull the old "bait-and-switch". (We can't let the other foods go bad!) Well, I'm through with my mother's "veteran" strategies for feeding Evan (sorry, mom)! Apparently, in his mind (and mouth), those foods were already bad. As soon as I got a spoonful inside his wide-opened mouth, it pursed fiercely. His eyes looked deep into my soul and registered my betrayal with infant rage. His nose wrinkled and snorted. And then, just when I thought he was going to go on lockdown again, he opened back up and... THPPPPPPPT!!!!!!!!!!
From now on, I'm wearing the bib!
8.02.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment