8.23.2006

The Things We "Used To" Do

We were running some errands on a recent afternoon around the time schools were letting out. Nathan pointed out a bus across the busy intersection, "That's a school bus, daddy!" "It sure is," I replied. Noting that it was behind a few vehicles, he said, "That school bus is hiding!" I smiled and explained that it was just waiting behind the other vehicles. I told him about children riding buses to and from school and concluded, "I used to ride a school bus!" As we continued our driving, Nathan pointed out various "Hummers" (his generic term for most SUV's), trucks, and "Mustangs" (his generic term for sporty looking cars). At one point, there really was a Mustang near us, and he quickly pointed it out, "You see that Mustang, daddy? That's a Mustang car!" (He's big on them since his Uncle Brad bought a bright yellow GT recently and took us for a ride in it.) "Yep! That's a nice one, isn't it?" I replied. "That's a nice one," he echoed. Then, in response to my bus riding statement earlier, he said, "I used to ride in a Mustang car!" I love that boy!

No comments: