Those of you who know Nathan know that he is a "talker". I know you wonder, as I do, where he gets it from. He doesn't even stop to sleep! Oh, he sleeps alright. He just doesn't always stop talking when he does. Frequently, he'll wake me up in the night (I'm a very light sleeper) with laughter or some mumbling - when he's out cold! Twice within the past couple of weeks, he's talked to Laura (who was awake) while he was asleep!
In one instance, Laura was getting ready for work and had left the iron on. She was about to leave, when she heard Nathan call out down the hall, "Turn that thing off!" He was probably dreaming of one of us fussing at him to turn off his CD player at naptime or some other appliance he was not supposed to have on. Still, it was quite a coincidence.
The second instance was, again, when Laura was leaving for work. She was headed down the hall to leave, and Nathan called out (as he does every night, ala "the Walton's" [I'm getting old!]), "I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!" When she peeked in on him to return the love, he was sound asleep in the same position he'd been in earlier!
As long as he's just talkin', and not walkin' in his sleep, I'll be alright!
8.23.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment