8.03.2006
Stepping Stool
The other night, the boys were playing on the living room floor as we watched the evening news. Evan was low-crawling in front of the sofa by my feet, streatching for an elusive toy of some sort. Nathan decided he wanted on the sofa beside me, so he climbed right up - using his younger brother as a stepping stool! I fussed at Nathan as I reached down for Evan, who didn't seem to even notice the big monkey on his back. I suddenly caught a whiff of Evan's "leftovers" from lunch. "Yep!" I exclaimed in my "old-time Pentecostal Evangelist voice, "It's time for a change 'round he-uh!" Now, I'm not sure if the "deposit" was there before Nathan put the squeeze on Evan, or if he caused it. Regardless, a few inches back, and Nathan would have planted his foot in a stool rather than on one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment