8.21.2006

Personal Trainer

Many people subscribe to the idea of having a "personal trainer" - someone who will instruct and encourage/push you to get/stay in shape. They usually assign and track your excersise regimen. Nathan indicated (in so many words) one recent morning that he might like to be one of these trainers. While eating breakfast he stated, "Daddy. Mommy needs to exercise!" I immediately checked on, under, and around the table for some listening device in case this was a trap. He continued, "Mommy needs to do sit-ups for her tummy!" Now I was nervous. What if he says these things to her? What if she thinks I told him this stuff?! Finally, after a thoughtful pause and mouthful of Cheerios, he concluded, "Daddy needs to excersise, too!" I broke my nervous silence, "I think you're right, buddy!" (Although, to clarify, I meant he was right about me. All that stuff about his mommy is between them!)

No comments: