8.16.2006

Something Borrowed

I thought he was in his room. He was in the bathroom. I heard the clunking around from the kitchen and called out to him to get out of there. He quickly came to the kitchen with a mischievous look on his face. "What were you doing in the bathroom, Nathan?" "I was drinking some of daddy's gargle." (Yes, in case you're wondering, my Listerine bottle does have a child-proof cap.) "Let me smell your breath," I said, kneeling before him. "Haaaahhhh..." Yep. He'd had some. How much, I was sure was minimal, as the stuff probably would have had him crying and throwing up if he'd had even a mouthful. I went to the bathroom, to find the lid securely fastened on the bottle. I wondered how he got that lid off. (Probably the same way he opens the "child-proof" cabinet and drawer locks - he watches us do it and does the same thing). Anyway, I don't think he got much. I scolded him for getting into my things, and informed him of the consequences he would face if he did it again. He looked at me with a slightly defensive look and stated with a similar tone, "I just borrowed some, daddy!"

No comments: