10.06.2005

Wanna Wrestle?

Nathan loves to wrestle with Daddy. On the floor, the sofa, the bed - wherever. He likes to jump on me, slap my chest, push on me with his hands and feet, and growl and grunt with me. He usually inserts much laughter, squealing, and "I'll getcha, daddy" comments. Last night, he "jumped" me in the bed and attacked me with his stuffed animals, "Billy" and "Colorado". He hopped onto my chest as I lay on my back and with great enthusiasm said, "Wanna wrestle me, daddy?" He rolled over me, grabbing, grunting, slapping, pushing and squealing with delight. After being abused for a few minutes, I finally came up for air. Nathan paused, panting with a smile, and said, "I love you, daddy!" Whoah! I was overwhelmed for a moment. It's not that he hasn't said "I love you" to us before, but I guess it was the fact that there was no solicitation ("I love you, Nathan") or any anticipation. He was so spontaneous and honest in his expression, that I was really blown away. It just reminds me that, even when we know someone loves us and vice versa, it's really nice when they/you say it out loud and deliberately! Do yourself a favor - tell someone (that you love) "I love you" today!

No comments: