He picked up on a phrase not too long ago that I used in conversation in his presence, and it became his phrase of the day for a couple of days - "that's debatable". I'm not sure that he ever used it in context, but so what? It's funny to hear it come out of his mouth.
Sometimes, when he does things he shouldn't do, I tell him "that's unacceptable". The other day, he managed to open our computer armoire, and was trying to create his own blog (or something). I realized what he was doing and called his name sternly to get his attention. He gave me that "uh-oh, Daddy caught me" look, and as he quickly closed the door he exclaimed, "that's unacceptable!"
Finally, I'm not sure where he picked up on this phrase, since I don't speak much of political things (right!). Nathan usually talks quietly to himself as he falls asleep, reciting familiar words as well as new discoveries. He'll often whisper the same word or phrase several times until he has it down or falls asleep. A short time ago, he was lying down and, after saying goodnight to the moon, stars and neighbors, he quietly rehearsed, "local government"!

No comments:
Post a Comment