10.31.2005

Got Balls?


Nathan loves to play with balls... basketball, football, golfball, baseball, soccerball, ping-pong ball, kick ball... you name it! Whether at a store, at the park, or even at church, he usually wants to claim any balls he sees as his own and add them to his collection.

Last night, he was sitting on my bed playing while I was brushing my teeth. He made some announcement that I thought I may have misunderstood due to the water running and the brushing going on in my head. I stopped brushing, turned off the water and asked him to repeat himself. He said, "Nathan's got balls!" "What?!" "Nathan's got balls!" he said, with a look of wonder.

I was dumbfounded. "What is he talking about?" I wondered, as he sat there looking downward toward... well... his feet. Comforted by the fact his diaper and shorts were still covering all they were supposed to, I approached and dared to request, "show daddy." Nathan lifted up his right foot, pointed to the cute, round pads of flesh that are his toes and said, "see those balls?!"

Thankful for every one of his "little piggies", I reminded him that "those are your toes" and we played "This Little Piggy" once or twice before hitting the sack. (NO pun intended!)

No comments: