5.09.2007

Plan B

I had a flat on my truck recently and, after having it repaired, I needed to place the spare back under the truck bed. Nathan was very curious and helpful as we conquered the task together. During the process, we discussed the purpose of spare tires and changing flats, etc. A couple of days later, Nathan was really upset about Laura going to work. "NO, MOMMY! You are NOT GOING today! I want you to stay home and DADDY to go to work instead!" (thanks for the love, pal!) After some discussion, (and the realization he could not talk Laura into staying home)he headed for the door in frustration. Where was he planning to go? To swing or slide off some steam? To hide and pout in the fort? To dig in the yard with his shovel? Nope. "Where are you going, son?"

"I'm going to take those tires off of the blazer so mommy won't be able to go anywhere!"

"Well, good luck with that!"

No comments: