5.03.2007

Going Green

Nathan does his part toward helping the environment by staying on top of our recycling. He's always asking if things are recyclable! (And, no, we aren't tree-hugging, global warming fear mongerers, ala Al Gore - we just believe in being responsible!) So, when we found a bag of Cheetos at the store that, when wet, turn your tongue GREEN, we had to get them.

*A warning to other parents: these special Cheetos will turn anything green that gets wet - fingers, lips, table cloths...*

So, Nathan and I were "going green" together and he asked to look in my mouth. I stuck out my tongue as he examined the greenery. I wondered at him gazing into my throat, but I figured he was just checking out the cavern that is my big mouth. Next, he said, "Check mine, daddy!" I checked. "Is mine green, daddy?" "Yep! You have a big green TONGUE!"

Nathan made a face and said, "But daddy, is my UVULA green?"
I quickly replied, "Son, we don't talk like that at the table!" (I'm kidding!)
I did check with Laura to see if she had a discussion with little "Mr. Webster" about the "uvula". Turns out they did - a few months ago.

No comments: