7.11.2007

Ratatouille

That's pronounced, "rat-a-too-ee". It's the title of a really hot animated movie Disney just put out. Nathan loves "Cars" and "Finding Nemo", and this is from the same people. So, I figured it was time to take him to experience the big cinema! We got there early enough to get some popcorn and a couple of Icees. We found some great seats, as there weren't too many people in the 4:45 showing. "Why are all the lights out?" "What are those green lights for (exit lights)?" "What's inside that big window in the back?" "How come these seats do that (fold up on him when he scoots all the way back)?" The movie starts... "Look at that wheel!" "What's that?" "Why are they doing that?" "Why is it so loud?" "Is it going to be over soon?"



Actually, it was one hour and fifty-five minutes long. Probably too long for a three-year-old. Especially one who doesn't like things too loud. (Unless it's his music). Needless to say, we watched about 40 minutes of the show (not too bad, I guess), and Nathan said he was ready to go somewhere else. "It's too loud in here," was the main reason. Having forgot to pack earplugs, we slipped out and hit the game room. We drove boats, cars, shot hoops, played skee-ball, and did good enough on some ticket counting games to win a micro flashlight (a red one), a couple of silicone bracelets (a blue one for Nathan and a purple one for Evan), and an orange tootsie roll.



I can't tell you how the movie ends, but our "big guys" afternoon together was a success, I think! I guess, until he's a little older, we'll save the movie ticket and concession cash and go to Kart Ranch (go-kart and kids arcade place).

No comments: