Nathan wanted a sno cone all day. Did I mention he wanted one allllll dayyyy? I kept telling him I was not promising a sno cone, and that we would probably wait until tomorrow. He gave me the old, "But I want one, Daddy!" routine. I remained stone-faced. As his pestering continued (at least he's learning to be consistent), I had enough of it. I told him he had two options: 1. no sno-cone. 2. no sno-cone and a spanking. That silenced him momentarily. I think he was mulling over a "spanking with sno-cone" counter offer.
We had just left the Home Depot, where I had him help me check out at the self-check. I showed him how to put the money into the machine and get the change and receipt. Apparently, he had noticed the stash of bills in my wallet at the check out. I suspect this because, after informing him of the no-sno-cone-today edict, he struck up the following dialogue in the car: "Daddy? Let's go ahead and get a sno cone now." (No, sir. Not tonight.) "But I've got some pennies!" (I already told you 'Not tonight', son) "But Daddy, we have lots of cash!"
Now, I'll accept that, to a three-year-old, a few small bills appear to be "lots of cash" as he peers into my wallet. What I want to know is, when did mine become OURS?!

No comments:
Post a Comment