7.27.2007

Man Store

I had to go to Home Depot for a couple of things and had Nathan, Evan, and their cousin, Casey with me. As we entered, we had to stop so Nathan could check out the latest riding mower. He climbed on, turned the wheel, played with a couple of knobs and levers, opened the hood ("wow, that's a big lawn mower engine!"), and moved on to another one before we called him on. He helped us look for an appliance light bulb ("let's just get one of these big, big bulbs for the microwave, Daddy!"). He stopped to examine the massive shop fans ("I wanna get one of these fans, Daddy!"). After we had stopped to look at a particular area for a longer period than he preferred, I announced we were ready to go. "Alright!" he exclaimed, "I'm ready to go look at some more man stuff!" We laughed at his comment and he marched ahead of us down the aisle. As he took in the huge, stocked shelves, he threw his hands into the air and smiled really big as he sighed, "This is awesome!" Maybe I should pitch him to Home Depot for a commercial (he's also a Tony Stewart fan).

No comments: