So, I've mentioned that Evan is pretty much fearless, but have I shared Nathan's bravery? Allow me...
Recently, an older boy (9) was visiting when a severe storm came up. The older boy began to get nervous and scared of the howling wind, rain, thunder and lightning. Nathan flung open the back door, just as a FLASH and BOOM hit. The older boy jumped nervously, as Nathan laughed loudly and shouted, "WHOAH, MAN! That was COOL!" Although I instructed him to close the door and remain inside, I was proud of him and Evan for showing up the "big kid".
My brother was visiting recently when his son realized he had left his shoes out in the back yard. Brad (my brother) told him to go get them and turned on the porch light. The light only shines bright under the patio cover, so it still looked dark out in the yard where the shoes were. My nephew bristled at going out, "It's still dark out there!" Nathan, standing nearby, volunteered, "I'LL get 'em!" He ran out into the yard an grabbed the shoes. As he was coming back, Brad turned out the light and began calling out the door, "WoooOOOOOooooo...." in an attempt to scare the three-year-old displaying more bravery than his older son. Nathan called back, "What are you doing, Uncle Brad?" Even my brother was humbled by my boy!
6.11.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment