6.26.2007

Brotherly Love

Evan loves his big brother. He really misses him when he's not around. I don't know if he misses Nathan fussing at him for playing with his stuff or for drinking his juice. I don't know if he misses Nathan pushing him down or whacking him with plastic bowling pins and such. I don't know if he misses Nathan jumping on top of him or "moving" him out of the way by jerking Evan's collar so hard he needs a neck brace. All I know is that he misses him when he's not around. Or if Nathan is sleeping and Evan is not. I tried to get him to help me play with some hot wheels cars, but as soon as I tried to check the weather on TV (it was storming outside), Evan took off running to Nathan. I sprinted to catch him and scooped him up just before he jumped on top of his sleeping elder brother. I invited Evan to help me with some laundry. Just when I thought he was into it, I bent over to empty the dryer and he zipped back down the hall. "EVAN!" I shout-whispered. I took off behind him. He looked back over his shoulder as he ran down the hall. (You know, he runs kind of like Fred Flintstone with his short little legs - cute!) Anyway, before I could catch him, he stopped, closed the door, and LOCKED IT! I had to find a door key to get in my own room! (Nathan was napping on my bed) When I got in the room, there he was, lying on my bed next to the still-sleeping Nathan, covers pulled up to his chin, big smile on his face, leaning his head over to touch Nathan's. "You love your brother, don't you, buddy?!" I asked. He said something that sounded to me like, "Jibber-Jabber-Jibber-Jabber-NATAN!" as he patted Nathan on the head. A few moments later, Nathan stirred and immediately began shoving Evan out of his "space" while telling him, "GET OFF OF ME". Evan lay on his back smiling and kicking back at Nathan while yelling, "AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH". Yep. It was an authentic brotherly-love-fest.

No comments: