2.14.2007

Striking Distance

Evan is more "kung-fu" now than ever! You cannot drop your guard EVER when he's awake. If you leave anything within his reach on the table, counter, etc., he will get it. Cup of milk, bowl of cereal, screwdriver, hammer, bowl of grapes, poopy diaper... he will get it, and terrorize you with it. He will also go kung fu on family members and animals. Nathan's ears at mealtime (I told him not to sit so close); head-butt to Daddy's nose or mouth while holding him; mommy's necklace and/or earrings; chasing our friends' crippled dog, "Pepper", with a stick... Did I say that you should not drop your guard while Evan is awake? May I also suggest you protect yourself from the sleeper attack? Recently, he slept next to me for the night. Somewhere around two or three AM, as I lay dreaming on my back, I was violently and savagely awakened by a kung-fu knuckle slap to my nose and upper lip when I happened to be lying in the path of Evan changing positions. As I cried out in pain, he simply let out a yawn and a sigh. I removed his knuckles from my sinus cavity, and turned my back to him in defense - with one hand cupped over my ear for protection.

No comments: