2.02.2007
Germ Free
Nathan was standing in front of the bathroom sink, rubbing his hands together. "What are you doing, son?" I asked. "I'm putting this lotion on my hands," he replied. "Where did you get the lotion from?" I quizzed, noting the bottle of Purell Hand Sanitizer on the edge of the counter. "Right there," he said, pointing to the bottle. I informed him that it was not lotion but hand sanitizer, and that he should not use that without permission. After answering the usual questions about the product in question (it kills germs, what germs are, etc.), we placed it in a "child-proof" drawer. The very next evening, he was standing in the same place, with the same bottle (Nathan is less child-proofable than Evan), rubbing the gel on his hands. "What are you doing, Nathan?" I asked. "I'm rubbing this hand sanitizer on my hands," he replied, "I might have some germs on there and I need to get 'em off!" "Ok, but you might want to use some lotion afterward so your skin doesn't dry out."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment