He came to me, pulling on his pants and said, "wanna tee-tee in the potty?" Great - let's do this, buddy! I followed him into the bathroom, helped him out of his pants and diaper, and sat him on the "royal potty". "Brrrriiiinngg," it rang out, as he sat down. It actually plays a "da-da-da-DA!" fanfare, when there's a deposit, too! (On days when I feel a little down, I use his potty, and I feel much better about things. Not really!) Anyway... Nathan was on the potty, ready to do his thing. I was right there, ready to witness the momentous occasion. Then, after a few minutes, I stepped into the other room for something (I don't remember why). "Stay there, and Daddy will be right back." I was only gone for maybe thirty seconds or so. When I returned, Nathan was standing up, flushing the big potty.
"What's going on, buddy?" He replied, "Nathan tee-teed in the potty." I noticed water on the floor and seat of the big toilet, as well as a trail to his potty, which had a small puddle inside. I quickly realized what had happened. He began to pee in his potty, and decided to do it "like Daddy does it," so he moved to the big potty and mostly missed. I wasn't mad, or anything. I was actually impressed at his attempt. I just hated that I'd missed it!

No comments:
Post a Comment