Each night before we go to sleep, Nathan tells everyone "I love you", and "Night-night". If one of us is putting him to sleep and forgets, he's sure to remind us. A few weeks ago, I was getting him ready for bed and told him to tell mommy and Evan night-night. I carried him to where they were and he gave them each a kiss and said, "Night-night, Mommy! Night-night, Evan! I love you, Mommy! I love you, Evan!" We headed toward my room to get his Billy Goat and, as we passed his room, he looked in and said, "I love you, Jesus!"
Now, this was interesting, because we haven't taught him to say that. We decided not to train our kids to say things just to be cute, especially if they don't understand what they are saying. I know people who trained their kids to throw their hands up in the air at the sound of "praise the Lord!" (Nathan throws his hands up in the air for a touchdown!) I looked at Nathan and asked him what he said, and he shyly repeated, "I love you, Jesus." I told him I loved Jesus, too. I'm guessing he was connecting with one of the CD's he likes in his room that has songs about Jesus. (He has songs about Elmo and Big Bird too, but I've never heard him say he loves them!) Now he makes sure to tell Jesus he loves him each night, too.
So, I'm glad to know my son loves Jesus at his young age, and I plan to discuss the story of sin, sacrifice and redemption with him this week, just so he's clear on everything! :)
Matt 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."(NIV)
2.01.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment