2.20.2006

Nathan Quotes

- Nathan was in the kitchen while we were toasting some bread. When the toast popped up, he looked over toward the toaster and said, "Bless you, toast!"

- Nathan was trying to climb on an overturned clothes basket to look into the washer. When I saw him, I said his name ("Nathan Peck!") sharply and loudly to get his attention. He looked up and said, "Not so loud! You're gonna wake up your brother, Daddy!"

- Not a quote, but... While brushing Nathan's teeth, he was being silly, flopping around and preventing me from getting the job done. I pulled the toothbrush back, looked at him in the eyes and said, "Nathan, hold your head still." He made a serious face and placed his hand on his forehead to hold it still.

- One day a while back, I had Nathan open his mouth so I could check to see if his molars were coming in. "Let Daddy check your teeth," I said. Afterward, he climbed up on my lap and, placing his hands on my face, said, "Let Nathan check your teeth!" I opened wide, he peered inside, and said, "Uh-oh! Daddy's teeth broken!" (I think I'll consider the white fillings in the future!)

No comments: