We try our best to keep our home clean and odor free. We burn fragrant candles in the kitchen and bathrooms to cover up unwanted scents. We put lemons and/or baking soda in the sink disposal to keep it fresh. We empty the trash cans almost daily. We use the vent fans in the bathroom faithfully. We have one of those carbon refrigerator odor eliminators. We use the little blue baby-powder scented bags (you moms know what I'm talking about) to seal the poopy diapers in before throwing them away. And we have several cans of Lysol and Febreze around the house.
Apparently, yesterday we went too long on emptying the "Diaper Champ" in the boys' room. Maybe there was a "poopy-doopy" that was overpowering it's little blue bag. I knew there must have been some horrible fumes somewhere to warrant the half can of air freshener that seemed to have been discharged in the house. I followed my nose, stuffy as it was, to the site of origin and choked on the mist still hanging in the room. Nathan seemed perfectly happy, playing with some toys on the floor. Laura, eyes watering, was changing Evan's diaper. "Did someone spray a little Febreze around here?" I asked sarcastically. "Nathan hosed down the diaper pail," she replied.
The Febreze had been on the bathroom counter - the back of the counter. (He's getting too tall too fast - especially with his various improvised "stools") I'm sure he remembered me spraying Lysol on/in the Diaper Champ while changing out the bag, and just wanted to do his part to help. Hey, no kid wants to play in a room that smells like used diapers! When Nathan realized I was talking about his contribution to our home air quality, he excitedly hopped up, ran to the Diaper Champ, and said, "See it? I sprayed it all up!" "Yes. Yes you did!"
2.03.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment