I had given Nathan a small scoop of ice cream in his little mug. He took off down the hall with Evan giving chase. Nathan knew that it was only a matter of time before "Kung-Fu" (Evan) wrestled him to the ground in an attempt to get some of his little mug of frozen pleasure. Thinking quickly, Nathan placed the mug on top of the changing pad, on top of his dresser. Then, taking a page out of Evan's climbing manual, he opened the second drawer from the bottom and climbed up. He then opened the top drawer and hiked one leg up as he struggled to get the rest of himself into that drawer. I heard the cry, "Daddy! Help! I'm stuck! Hurry!!" As I came down the hall and saw the impending disaster before me (Evan was just beneath Nathan, contemplating his own strategy for ascending the dresser), Nathan managed to get all the way up on his own. "WHAT in the WORLD are you DOING, Nathan?" "I had to get up here so Evan wouldn't eat my ice cream!" I demonstrated the danger by tilting the dresser forward while he sat atop of it, while I made a mental note of how many furniture-to-wall anchors I needed for the room. Don't misunderstand the true lesson of this story, however: Never underestimate a Peckboy's passion for his ice cream!
4.21.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment