One recent morning, Evan and I climbed into his bed with him and he discussed his plan of action for the day with us... "We're gonna get up and make some eggs and biscuits, and then we're gonna get dressed and go to Home Depot or something, and we're gonna go play outside, too!" I was still a little asleep, I guess, as I grabbed Evan and play-wrestled with him for a few minutes and then changed his diaper. Nathan had slipped out of bed and (I thought) into the living room to watch TV or into the bathroom to, well, you know. As Evan and I came into the living room, Nathan was not there. I heard him in the kitchen. I walked in to see this:
4.29.2007
Cooking Breakfast
Nathan loves to help. He really likes to help with preparing food. If you're making sandwiches, he wants to help spread the mustard, mayo, peanut butter, etc. (no, not on the same sandwich!). He wants to help peel and cut the cucumber, tear the lettuce, slice the tomato...
One recent morning, Evan and I climbed into his bed with him and he discussed his plan of action for the day with us... "We're gonna get up and make some eggs and biscuits, and then we're gonna get dressed and go to Home Depot or something, and we're gonna go play outside, too!" I was still a little asleep, I guess, as I grabbed Evan and play-wrestled with him for a few minutes and then changed his diaper. Nathan had slipped out of bed and (I thought) into the living room to watch TV or into the bathroom to, well, you know. As Evan and I came into the living room, Nathan was not there. I heard him in the kitchen. I walked in to see this:


He was serious about making eggs for breakfast! Thankfully, he allowed me to assist with the rest of the preparation, and only one egg was lost that day.
One recent morning, Evan and I climbed into his bed with him and he discussed his plan of action for the day with us... "We're gonna get up and make some eggs and biscuits, and then we're gonna get dressed and go to Home Depot or something, and we're gonna go play outside, too!" I was still a little asleep, I guess, as I grabbed Evan and play-wrestled with him for a few minutes and then changed his diaper. Nathan had slipped out of bed and (I thought) into the living room to watch TV or into the bathroom to, well, you know. As Evan and I came into the living room, Nathan was not there. I heard him in the kitchen. I walked in to see this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment