4.18.2007

Breath of Evan

Evan is a heavy breather. You can usually locate him simply by listening for little grunts and loud exhales. "Aaaa," "Ehhh," "Haaa," and "Unhh" are a few familiar ones.

He also has learned to blow his nose. SORT OF. If you place tissue in front of his nose, he smiles, leans into it and blows - with his MOUTH!

Evan also helps with outdoor grilling. He's very safety conscious when it comes to fire. He's seen Nathan blow out candles (with our permission and supervision). Recently, he was playing out back while I was grilling. He came over and pointed toward the grill as he let out a sentence of jibber-jabber. I interpreted him as saying he wanted to help me with the grill. I picked him up so he could see what I was doing. He stared at the flames as they sizzled our steak dinner. After a moment, he leaned toward the fire and let loose a big, spitty "whhhhooooowwww". Surprisingly, and thankfully, the fire stayed lit. And, hey, what's a little spit among family?

No comments: