We recently made a trip to New Orleans, which included a trip to a mall and to the Audubon Zoo. This is one of several blogs on the events of that trip...
As we were leaving the Esplanade Mall, I strapped Evan into his seat and turned on the car and A/C. Laura and Nathan were loading the stroller and gear into the car. I hadn't noticed the seagulls flying overhead, until I heard Laura exclaim in disgust, "OH, GROSS!!" She came around the back of the car where I was tucking the stoller into the trunk. There, on her forearm and splattered across the front of her shirt was a freshly released and strategically aimed bird bomb! (sorry, no pictures) According to Laura, had she had her arm an inch or two in a different direction, the poo pie would have splatted upon Nathan's head! I had sat my cookies and cream shake (with the open top) on the roof while I assisted them. As she rushed Nathan to safety within the car, I examined my cup. I don't think there was a hit, but I wasn't going to take any chances. Besides, I had finished over half of it, and had lost my appetite for anything with that black-and-white-splotchy appearance. Once in the car, Nathan was concerned about what had happened. After Laura explained that a bird "pooped on mommy", he replied, "I think that bird needs a spanking!" (Yeah, but daddy didn't have a "spanking shotgun" in the car!)
As we drove away, Nathan watched the birds from the window and wondered aloud, "Do birds tweet when they get spanked?"
Priceless.
4.25.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment