There is a bakery in town that has been producing some of the best baked goods on the planet since I was a kid. The cool thing is that Poupart's bakery sells a selection of their breads at our favorite fruit/vegetable market, Fresh Pickin's. I usually buy one or two gingerbreads when we go. Let me just say from the start that Nathan LOVES gingerbread, and this is some of the best you'll ever taste. We picked some up today, and shared a little on the way home. Tonight, as Laura was preparing dinner, Nathan asked for some more gingerbread. Laura informed him that we were having chicken tonight, and no gingerbread until after dinner. The following conversation ensued...
"Mommy, I don't want to eat chicken. I wanna just eat gingerbread!"
"Nathan, you need to eat some food that will help you grow big and strong, like chicken and vegetables."
"But, I don't want to grow up big and strong. I just want to eat gingerbread!"
"Son, you need to eat some real food, not just sweets."
"Gingerbread is food, mommy!"
After dinner, the conversation continued...
"Ok, mommy! I want some gingerbread, please!"
"Nathan, I don't think you ate enough of your dinner tonight for gingerbread."
"But I want some, mommy!"
"I think you need to ask your daddy and see what he thinks about it." (thanks, by the way!)
"Mommy. I don't want to ask daddy. Daddy might say, 'no'. That's why I'm asking you, mommy!"
3.01.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment