3.20.2007

No "Double" Needed

Evan will climb on anything. ANYTHING!! He'll climb on a book or a box. He'll climb on a chair and a table (often from the chair to the table). He climbs onto night stands and plant stands. (this post is beginning to remind me of a Dr. Seuss book)


He climbs on buckets and baskets. He climbs from one to another item. He climbs onto ME, and then tries to climb HIGHER! He just keeps his feet climbing up, up, up, until I'm holding his hands as high over my head as I can, and he's standing on my shoulders - still trying to get one foot on top of my head! I've had to stop that game, as his foot has been re-aligning my nose. I like my nose just fine, thanks.

The climbing would not be as concerning to me if he had an ounce of fear - to keep him a little bit safe - but, if he thinks he might be able to gain an inch or more vertically, he's climbing up regardless of the risk factor! After a number of crazy climbing stunts (to be featured in an upcoming series), I had to get this shirt for him when I saw it at Target last week...

In case you can't make it out, it says, "I DO ALL MY OWN STUNTS"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O.k., here is my suggestion:

Buy him a helmet, w/matching knee & elbow pads.
Dress him in them each morning when he gets up and you
can go about your life w/ease.

Great t-shirt by the way, and I love the new picture of you guys.
It's about time....I kept thinking of it every time I logged on but would forget about it until I logged on again.

Pollinate....good job!