3.16.2007
The Botanist
The boys and I were having lunch at Chick-Fil-A. This particular restaurant places fresh flowers on the tables in little vases (usually carnations, etc.). Nathan grabbed the vase and showed the flowers to Evan and I. Noting they were real, he sniffed them, allowed Evan to do the same, and placed them back on the table. A moment later, he said matter-of-factly, "Bees pollinate those flowers, Daddy!" "What did you say?" I replied, trying to recall that conversation. "Bees, Daddy! They pollinate these flowers!" Curious, I pressed, "So, what does that mean?" Nathan gave me a sort of "you're-a-grown-up-you-should-know-that" look and replied (with hand motions), "They go to all the flowers and connect them, Daddy!" The lady cleaning the table behind him had the same look on her face that I did. "Where did you learn all this, son?" He sighed, "Mommy told me."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment