3.09.2009

nice shot!

The boys have been sick too frequently and too long. We're tired of them being sick and tired. We're tired of missed school and work, and the seemingly never-ending cycle of sickness that they wrestle with. Nathan had his tonsils out last year, but still has been sick (thought not as bad) with fever at least four times in the past 3-4 weeks! SO, Laura decided they probably inherited her severe allergies and we scheduled an appointment to get them tested. Of course, when we announced that we were going to see the doctor, they complained and asked if there would be shots. "Well... let's just see what happens when we get there," I said, knowing the allergy testing required the drawing of blood. I just wanted to avoid three hours of fear and drama before we even got there! They decided between the two of them that they weren't going to get shots... Evan: "I'm NOT gonna get a shot!" Nathan: "Me neither!" Evan: "I don't LIKE the doctor!" Nathan: "I don't like their little faces!" (huh?) David: "You haven't even MET this doctor, and you don't even know what their faces look like." Pause. Nathan: "Dad, you know what I don't like about needles?" David: "What?" Nathan: "I don't like the pokey part!" David (laughing): "That's the part most people have a problem with, pal!"

No comments: