WARNING: This post not suitable for the weak of stomach!
All of us had been dealing with sinus/throat illness, and I had just cleared my throat and spit out the car window into the grass as we pulled into the driveway. The problem is that I didn't make it to the grass, and my throat clearing was now on the driveway. That's a problem, because Evan is very curious about anything I do... "What did you spit out the window, Daddy?" Uh, just some yucky spit, buddy. "I wanna see it." No, no you don't, son.
As Laura gave me that, "Great! Now your son wants to examine your spit!" look, Evan found the spit-spot (not exactly what "Maria" in The Sound of Music meant!) I was moving on when Laura burst out in laughter and insisted I return to catch this blog-worthy moment. Apparently, the infamous landing occured near a crack in the driveway - a few millimeters from a newly sprouted weed. Evan deduced a connection and declared, "MOMMY! Daddy spits on the ground and it makes FLOWERS!"
It reminds me of that old song lyric: "Oh, Oh, Oh, it's MAGIC! You know... Daddy just spits and plants grow!" (or something like that - I was but a wee lad when that song came out!)
3.10.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment