3.05.2008

i, Evan

Evan can put away some food when he's hungry. After a few weeks of being sick, I was a little worried he was getting skinny on us. What was I worried about?! It might have taken a few days for him to get back to normal after getting well. I just wonder if, psychologically, we did anything to him as a baby to cause his obsession with stuffing his mouth with food, instead of taking reasonably sized bites. We cut his food up for him, but then he'll put six pieces of chicken in his mouth at once! We really have to stay on him at meals so he doesn't choke himself (or swallow Nathan whole, by accident!). One recent evening, Evan finished his meal, got down from his chair, and crawled up into my lap as I finished my supper. I thought he was just wanting to be close to me.


Nope.


He looked at me with his "sweet eyes", gave me a hug, and then turned toward my plate. "More carrots, Daddy!" This is my supper, Evan. "I want more carrots, Daddy!" I gave him a few. "Mooore carrots, Daddy!" He finished the last two bites. "I want more chicken, Daddy!" As I gave him a bite of my chicken, I commented, "You're a little piggy tonight, aren't you?!" He turned to me with a wrinkled brow and stern gaze and corrected me with his chicken-filled cheeks: "I not "piggy"! I Evan!"

No comments: