3.23.2008
Friday Night Fights
Actually, it could be any night, but the most recent bout was on a Friday night (or, technically, Saturday morning). Nathan was coughing fiercely - hacking would be a more appropriate description - and something had to be done. His cousins and their parents were visiting, along with their dog and pet rat (hey, don't ask me what possessed my neice to get herself a pet RAT). So, everyone's asleep at 3:48AM except for Nathan, me, and the rat (they're sort of nocturnal, I think). I guess Nathan wasn't quite as awake as I thought he was when I approached him in the dark with some cough syrup. "Sit up, pal, and take this medicine," I whispered. "NO!" he replied. "Son, sit up and take this," I said firmly, as I reached behind him to help him up. Now, I'm really not sure how the little cup of cough syrup did not end up all over us and the bed, but somehow it did not. What I am sure of is that my lip was still somewhat swollen the following morning from the elbow my boy threw at it while he remained asleep and non-medicated. I can only imagine he was dreaming of Evan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment