10.14.2007

Some Like It LOUD

The boys are LOUD little guys. They amaze me at the level of volume they can produce from such little bodies. Nathan is learning (the hard way) about not talking over Laura and I when we are trying to talk to each other or we're on the phone. Laura corrected him recently and said, "Nathan, you have to stop being so loud!" He replied, "But mommy, I have to be loud!" While I was bathing them this past week, they decided the bathroom's acoustics would be great for having a good old-fashioned, face-to-face SHOUT-FEST!! I finally got the ringing to go away, but I may have some temporary hearing loss in one ear. After that little episode, I wondered aloud in Laura's presence about where the boys got their volume from. She told me how just the day before she had raised her voice in anger at Nathan and felt bad about it afterward. She sat down with Nathan and explained why she was so upset with him, but apologized to him for being so loud. Nathan gave her a hug and told her, "It's o.k., mommy. You're not loud. DADDY's LOUD!"

No comments: