8.28.2007

That's All!

Monday, August 27, 2007. 8:15 AM. Two boys in the back seat of the car. One is silently watching cars go by. The other, older son is not so quiet...

"Daddy?" (Yes, Nathan.) "I don't want to go to school." (Yes, I know this.) "But I just don't like to go there, that's all." (I understand, son.) "But, Daddy, I just don't like school, that's all!" (Nathan, I heard you the first thirteen times this morning, but you're still going, son.) "But I just don't want to go, that's all!" (Nathan, I love you, son, and I understand you don't like going to school. However, you are going, so you can decide to make the best of it and have a good day, or you can cry the whole time and have a really bad day. Either way, you're going to school today, and that, my son, will be ALL!) Silence hung in the car for almost an entire three seconds, and then Nathan replied, "I'm gonna have a bad, bad day!" (At least we're down to only two "bad's" this time - see previous post)

(Mom & Dad, I am truly sorry for putting you guys through similar "parenting hell" when I was at this stage. I can only hope Nathan's aversion to school does not last as long as mine did - about 14 years!).

No comments: