8.05.2007
Whhhhh...
(You're supposed to imagine a "blowing" sound) Evan has been around long enough to see lit candles on occasion, and he knows you're supposed to blow them out (not turn them off). He knows that hard-wired lighting is turned on and off by a switch. He even knows how to turn off his and Nathan's cow flashlight (with the switch). But, recently, I let him entertain himself with a flashlight he'd not played with before. He couldn't figure out the switch. So, he reasoned that, if it didn't have a switch or a wire, it must be like a candle! He proceeded to blow it out, to no avail. Finally, I intervened. I needed to show him how to turn it off the right way. So, like any good father, I held the flashlight (with my thumb on the switch) up to his face and said, "Blow it out, Evan!" As soon as he blew really good, I switched it off. Then I switched it back on. "Uh-oh, it's back on!" I exclaimed. "Uh-oh! Dat light!" Evan replied. He "blew" it out again. And again, until I finally showed him the switch and how it works. (I had to let him in on the secret after a little fun!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment