8.26.2007
Hardships of "School"
Nathan and Evan started "school" this week. That's what we're calling it. It's really a combination daycare/preschool. It was time for them (and us) to utilize this resource in order to give them a little more organized structure and social interaction with other kids their age. It also facilitates our work schedules a little better. Neither really "enjoyed" the first day. Ok, so they didn't enjoy the first week, but that's to be expected. The biggest issue was with Nathan. Evan just seemed to be accepting things by Friday, while Nathan was digging in his heels. He had cried so much on Wednesday that his eyes were red until the next morning, and Friday he woke up whining about not going to school. He tried his best to discuss, argue and reason with me about why he shouldn't go. Laura hugged him goodbye at the house and said, "Nathan, you have a good day at school!" He replied, "No, mommy, I'm going to have a bad, bad, bad day!" As I walked him to his class, he was pouting and clearly distraught over my leaving him. "Bye, Daddy..." he said pitifully with an outstretched hand, as though I might never see him again. "Bye, Nathan, I'll see you this afternoon." As I headed out the door, he called out one more time, his trembling voice trying hard to be strong as it increased in pitch and broke at the end, "I really do love you, Daddy!" "I love you, too, buddy!" I called back, as I closed the door behind me. Man, I'm not really liking this school thing, either right now. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll all be just fine by Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment