1.19.2007

Likes Bears

Nathan and I were watching football last Sunday - the Seattle Seahawks vs. the Chicago Bears. We were rooting (I thought) for the Seahawks because if they won, they would have to come to New Orleans and play our Saints. At one point I yelled at the TV, "COME ON, SEAHAWKS!" Nathan asked who the Seahawks were. I pointed out which team they were by their uniforms. "Who are those other guys?" he asked. "Those are the Bears," I replied. "I like the Bears!" he boldly stated. "WHAT?!" I asked, incredulously, "We have to pull for the Seahawks so the Saints can play in the 'Dome next week!" Totally disregarding my argument, he looked back toward the TV and said, "I like the Bears!" Pulling out my final and best appeal, I informed him, "Daddy's cheering for the Seahawks!" He looked at me with a wry little smirk on his face and informed me, "I'M going for the BEARS... GO BEARS!!"

"His team" won, by the way, but if he roots for the Bears this Sunday, he's going to have to root for them in another room!

No comments: