Evan is a little helper, like his big brother. He often brings us things - sometimes random, sometimes very appropriate. He really likes to share (unless it's a banana - more on that another time). This past Saturday, I had gone to the grocery store while Laura and the boys slept in. When I returned, everyone was in the kitchen. I placed several of the grocery bags on the floor as I unloaded the car. Evan eagerly and excitedly (arms waving up and down) started to help me unpack. He pulled a can of beans out of one bag and walked over to the slightly open pantry door. He opened the door, raised the can over his head toward the shelf, and said something that sounded like "THIS!" as he looked back for my approval. I helped him with the cans before any toes were smashed (remember that, mom?), and continued with another bag. Laura was at the sink, Nathan was at the table, eating, and no one saw Evan helping with the Snuggle fabric softener. I heard his excited voice along with the "glug, glug..." sound of liquid leaving a bottle, the heavy aroma of "blue sparkle" filling the room, while Nathan exclaimed, "Oh, MAN! Look at all that MESS!"...
(Yes, the camera was right there on the counter, as I had just shot some footage of his helping with the groceries.)
About 50 of the 60 loads in the bottle were all over the kitchen floor (better than the living room floor!). I know he unscrewed the bottle cap. I just don't know if it was already loose (from some weak-wristed, sniffing shopper?) or if he just man-handled it. He is very strong - just try changing his diaper by yourself!

No comments:
Post a Comment