Evan is always trying to get a leg up on Nathan. And on the sofa, on the bed, on the chair... He's really into climbing things. He was trying to climb onto a storage bin this week, and I was busy across the room. He kept throwing his leg up, trying to leverage his knee on the edge and pull up. Grunting, falling over, fussing... I was just letting him work at it, not expecting him to succeed. Moments later, I heard a triumphant, "Yesss...Haaaa!!" I looked over, and there he was, dancing on the container. I clapped and congratulated him as I moved toward him. I wanted to get him down before he took a dive. He knew what I was after, so he lunged for the bed next to the container. He almost made it right over the other side of the bed as I caught his foot and pulled him back while he giggled delightfully. He is definitely fearless! Just last night he turned over a small storage bucket from he and Nathan's room and climbed up on it with hands up to the sky, yelling, "Aaaaaaa..." Look out, trees!
12.23.2006
Higher
Evan is always trying to get a leg up on Nathan. And on the sofa, on the bed, on the chair... He's really into climbing things. He was trying to climb onto a storage bin this week, and I was busy across the room. He kept throwing his leg up, trying to leverage his knee on the edge and pull up. Grunting, falling over, fussing... I was just letting him work at it, not expecting him to succeed. Moments later, I heard a triumphant, "Yesss...Haaaa!!" I looked over, and there he was, dancing on the container. I clapped and congratulated him as I moved toward him. I wanted to get him down before he took a dive. He knew what I was after, so he lunged for the bed next to the container. He almost made it right over the other side of the bed as I caught his foot and pulled him back while he giggled delightfully. He is definitely fearless! Just last night he turned over a small storage bucket from he and Nathan's room and climbed up on it with hands up to the sky, yelling, "Aaaaaaa..." Look out, trees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment