If you are easily disturbed or sickened by the thought of sick baby emissions, just skip this one! (FOR THE SAKE OF EVERYONE AROUND YOU, STOP READING, PAW-PAW LEW!!)
Ok, so Evan had some little virus that had him sick for about six days. He wasn't feverish. He wasn't whiney. He was just as happy and hungry as ever. But, when he had to go... he had to BLOW! Yep, thankfully his little bout with diarrhea was limited to him alone! (Well, there were quite a few incidences involving his clothing, and that one big leak on the carpet, but no other people caught the bug.) Along with other diet adjustments, we were steadily giving him Gerber LiquiLytes - an electrolyte solution to help keep him hydrated (it tastes better than Pedialyte, and costs a little less). Nathan wanted to know why he couldn't drink Evan's juice. I explained to him that it was a special juice for when you are sick. He coughed a little and claimed that he, too, was sick and needed some of that juice. "Nice try, buddy!" I told him, as I explained this juice was especially for babies/kids who have been throwing up a lot or have diarrhea. He was cool with that.
Two nights later, while while the boys and I were lying on the bed, Nathan passed gas rather loudly. "Oh, MAN!" I exclaimed, "WHAT was THAT?!" He laughed and informed me he had "tooted". "Whew, buddy! That sure is stinky!" I teased. He thought for a moment, then asked, "Do I need to drink some of Evan's diarrhea juice?"
"No, son. No you don't. And let's just call that juice "LiquiLytes" from now on, ok?"
12.10.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment