12.13.2006
Mini-Wheat Monster
Nathan loves mini-wheats (the frosted ones, of course). Recently, there were only a few left in the box along with a small pile of shreds in the bottom. Nathan was willing to eat the shreds, so we fixed his bowl with milk and set him up at the table. I was in the living room with Evan (or so I thought). I suddenly realized that Nathan was in the living room playing where Evan had just been, and there was a curious silence from Evan. I called to him as I headed for the kitchen. There he was, with Nathan's spoon lifted up over his head as milk and shredded wheat ran down his arm. A small trail of milk and (sticky) shredded wheat lead back to a large pile just under the table's edge. (Did I mention that Evan can reach table and counter tops?) I turned back to realize Evan still had the bowl in his left hand, waving it (and dripping sticky goo) across the kitchen. I went to pick him up and prevent the further spread of stickiness, when he darted away like Reggie Bush in the Dallas Cowboys' Secondary! I used to wonder why some parents placed hard-soled shoes on babies who are just learning to walk, as they limit their mobility. Suddenly, I was trying to remember where Evan's new shoes were, and how quickly I might get them on his feet. (You know, they limit his mobility!) That boy moves as fast as his big brother talks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment