12.20.2006

The Bouncer

So, yeah, continuing Evan's pudding-induced adventures...

Nathan used to spend a lot of time in his "bouncy seat". Naps, general hanging out, etc. Evan would rather have his tonsils removed with no anesthesia. Unless it's in a moving vehicle, or there is food on a tray in front of him, he HATES confinement. Nevertheless, I had to strap him into the old bouncy recently so I could shower. He squirmed, screamed, and scratched at that thing (and at me) until I got him out of it. It was ten minutes of absolute insanity!

It was later that same evening that someone lost their mind and gave the boy AN ENTIRE CHOCOLATE PUDDING CUP just before bed time. In our bedroom, the bouncy seat sat waiting. Evan must have heard me call it a "bouncy" seat. He just doesn't understand the "seat" part yet. He climbed up into the seat, facing the back. It was backed up against the footboard of our bed. He grabbed the back of it, stood up, and began bouncing up and down like some rodeo cowboy, laughing so hard that he fell right off! Before I could get to him, he was back on, riding off into the sunset as Nathan encouraged him with his own laughter. I decided to rescue him from his own madness, when he let go of the back and put his hands up in the air, bouncing and laughing. I'm planning a trip to Six Flags for his two-year birthday!

No comments: