9.15.2006

Son of My Right Hand

And so it begins... The whole "mine" and "yours" routine is as old as time, but it has reared it's ugly head in my boys' relationship recently. Nathan has fussed about a couple of toys he had as a baby being given to Evan. "That's my toy!" he cried. We informed him that he was donating them to Evan now, and that he was welcome to show Evan how to play with them. That seemed to work for the most part, especially since Evan gives no ground easily. (Evan appears to be a more fierce and determined fighter than Nathan thus far.) Today, Nathan raised the stakes. I was holding Evan on my right side, when Nathan protested, "That's Nathan's side!" At first, I wasn't sure what he was talking about. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Hold Evan on the other side, Daddy! That's Nathan's side!" I guess it's a good thing Evan doesn't mind the left - for now.

No comments: