9.25.2006

Pray it Again, Daddy!

Nathan has been going through a little season of acting out against Evan (and us). Slapping, kicking, pinching, pushing, and stepping on us are just some of the ways he's attacked us. After several repeated acts one evening (and no apparent response to disciplinary measures), I scooped him into my lap and held him close as I gently prayed over him for God's peace to fill his little heart and mind. I prayed for him to lose the desire to harm anybody, especially Evan. I also prayed that he would not even entertain any hurtful ideas toward any of us. He agreed with me and echoed, "In Jesus' name... Amen!"

A few minutes later, he came running down the hall where Evan was playing. He ran right up to Evan and grabbed his chubby little arms between his thumbs and fingers, squeezing. "I'm gonna pinch you, Evan!" he declared. "Nathan Peck!" I said, sternly.

He turned to me, cocked his head and reflected my disappointed expression, "I think we might need to pray again, Daddy!"

Smart kid, considering I was holding the spanking stick!

No comments: