9.21.2006

Midnight Caller

Ok, so it wasn't quite midnight, but it was well after 10pm. I don't know about the rest of you, but 10pm has always been some sort of unspoken "do not call" timeline for me. If you call someone after then, you need to have a really important reason, or at least have a mutual understanding that it's alright to do so. Anyway, Nathan had picked up Laura's cell phone and was looking through her photo files (or changing ringtones, or whatever - he knows how to operate it as well as either of us!). All of a sudden, he put it to his ear and said, "Hello! This is Nathan talking to you!" Knowing it was something like 11pm, I quickly told Laura to get the phone from him (she was closer, but tending to Evan). She grabbed the phone and closed it, hanging up on the call. I thought I had heard a voice from the phone, and told Laura. We looked and found that Nathan had actually called one of Laura's former employees (sorry, Amanda!), and we figured (hoped) it was just her voice mail. I guess that's one of the disadvantages of speed dial!

No comments: