On Sunday, we had a sort of "focus on Nathan" day. He'd been seemingly frustrated lately by the extra attention given to Evan (he's teething, starting to walk with assistance more, and in the "attachment" phase). Nathan had been disappointed that our Saturday evening bike ride had been rained out, so we went for a nice family ride (the boys have seats on our bikes) before lunch. Nathan announced he wanted to go to "that hamburger place" for lunch, so we hit Burger King for some vittles. As we were finishing up, I suggested we go home and give the boys some nap time. Nathan frowned and discouraged that, "You don't want to go home and take a nap, Daddy!" Then, his eyes got big, and he smiled at me like I do when I'm trying to make something seem like the best thing ever and said in a very excited voice, "Daddy! You wanna go to Home Depot?!" I couldn't help but smile, which fed his enthusiasm. "We can look at some oscillating fans and some lawn mowers! And we can look at those grills and all that stuff in there!" As Laura and I laughed out loud, I asked, "You think so?" He replied, "And we can go to Lowe's, too!" (They're across the street from each other here - aren't they everywhere?)
We had a great trip to Home Depot. (Lowe's is only for when you can't find it at Home Depot, as a last resort!) We saw fans ("Look at that big one there, Daddy!"), mowers ("See that big engine, Mommy?!"), grills (if my 2-1/2 year old can tear it up in 30 seconds, it's just not quality!), we played hide and seek in tub and shower displays (hey, that's what they're for! right?) and bought a new thermostat (which Nathan helped me install that evening - he's pretty handy with a cordless drill!).
With all that excitement, who needs Chuck E. Cheese?!
9.26.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment