Well, for starters, he's not quite 2 months old yet, so most of Evan's adventures are summed up in eating (and since he's nursing there will be no pic's! - Laura thanks me.), sleeping, pooping, and an occasional bath. Maybe that is interesting to some of you, I know. I mean, he does look around too - oooohhh! And he's got loud gas (when he has it) from both ends - aaahhh. (By aahhh, I originally was being sarcastic about those who may find that interesting, but feel free to view that as a funny, ha-ha relief sound if you didn't already!) Evan is a wrestler, too. When awake, he likes to keep moving - legs, arms, head - constantly pushing, kicking, head butting. I hope he's learned not to head-butt my collar bone anymore (Oooowww!) for both our sakes.
He's really a pretty chill kid in the tub. He just lies there, making faces and (get ready for a laugh) soaking everything in (ha!). And making bubbles.
Not the cute little bubbles some babies make with their mouths. I mean the little stinkers that come up from below the surface. The kid seemingly has no end to the gas. Laura thinks we may need to cut out the spinach. By that, I mean the leafy stuff we like to include on our salads. (We're not directly feeding our 7 week old spinach, thanks.)
Evan farts like a man! Hey, I can say that F-word, it's my blog! If he lets one rip in his hammock or swing, we kind of look at each other in wonder. If his booty roars from one of our laps, the other still questions deep down whether he's being used as a scapegoat. (Even a goat could use him as a scapegoat!)
Now, while we're discussing gas and poop (Yes, this blog has gone down the toilet - or at least the diaper bin), I have a question. Why does a baby, whose entire diet consists of his mother's milk, poop mustard yellow poop - with little seeds?! This stuff is next to impossible to get out of clothing (Saran Wrap could make a killing in the diaper business!).
And, except for the much-understood expressions of strain under the afore-mentioned pressures of his life, Evan mostly has a sweet look of peace and wonder on his cute little face. His face, by the way is much less chunky than Nathan's was at this age. I didn't realize at the time, but Nathan was a fat baby! (Not that there's anything wrong with that!) Nathan was in the 70-90 percentile of the growth charts in his first year, with his head consistently about 20% higher than the rest of him. Evan has checked out at closer to 50% (average) across the board. But, don't rest too easy, my dear firstborn, for your younger sibling appears to be a fighter! Evan is already lifting his head up and trying to push up with his hands and arms when on his tummy!

Lord, give me the strength to father these youngsters in my old age! Though I do believe I have more wisdom to apply to fathering at this point in my life, my challenge may eventually prove to be that of physical stamina and survival with these boys. Not to mention that Laura, in obvious post-partum dementia, recently stated that she wouldn't be too upset if we got pregnant again within the next year (That's crazy talk!), and had mentioned to a friend she may want another one - another boy! Lord, thank you that you do not give us more than we can handle!

1 comment:
Man, I really miss Laura and the boys! We need to hang out and I mean soon. What are you guys doing next week?
Man, Evan almost seems like the spitting image of Nathan. I can't tell if they look more like you or Laura. Seems to be a nice combination of both.
I haven't kept up with this blog like I should, but now I have you on Kinja and won't miss a thing...
Post a Comment