I don't particularly care for shots. Never have. Aside from druggies, I guess most of us would prefer to go without. I remember those penicillin shots to be some of the more painful. "Don't tense up, or it'll hurt more," they said. "Just relax," they said. "This might sting a little," they'd say.
NO KIDDING! I'm cool with them when I need them now. I don't complain at the dentist. I give blood pretty regularly. I even
watch them insert that "Super-sized" straw they call a needle to draw the blood. No problem. But, holding one of my boys down while they administer their immunization shots is
torture!! That horrified look on their face that says, "Father, why have you forsaken me!?" It's brutal.

Ok, so Evan didn't even know what hit him yesterday, and he only cried for a few minutes. But the whole pouty, quivering lower-lip coupled with the quiet whimper was really sad. Nathan was upset about it. Laura was upset about it. And so was I. But our little man endured and will prove the stronger for it.
He's in great health, by the way, and is now 23-1/4 inches long, and weighing in at 12-1/2 pounds. He's looking around, smiling at us and cooing a lot. Laura and I agree with Nathan's declaration - "I like him!"
1 comment:
Today I had a double dose of the whole shot thing. Riley got 4 today and Jed got 1 plus a finger prick after which they milked his bloody finger for about 5 minutes while he screamed like someone was trying to kill him.
Post a Comment