5.11.2008

Mother's Day

Nathan and Evan planted flowers in little cups, decorated with flowery paper and love notes for mommy at school. They painted pictures for her and picked out a card for her with two young brothers on the front - fighting in the bathtub! My favorite part of the mother's day preparation was when I asked them what they wanted to tell mommy, so I could write it in their card to her. Almost in unison, their first reply was, "I love mommy!" I wrote "I love you, mommy". Nathan then added, "I want to tell mommy 'thank you'." Simple, yet without prompting, I was proud of my four-year-old "getting it". His mother, as all of ours, is worthy of his thanks and his love. Happy Mothers' Day to all of our Moms, Stepmoms, Grandmas and Grannies. Happy Mothers' Day to our sisters, sister-in-law, aunts, cousins and friends. May your children always love you and have gratitude for the investments and sacrifices you've made in their lives. I know our family is grateful to you all!

No comments: